The holidays are filled with many events to attend both in and out of the office. While you are enjoying time with family, friends, colleagues, and current/potential clients, use the time to network.
Whether a Family Dinner, Cocktail Party, Office Lunch, Multi-stakeholder Dinner, or Charity Event, you should have a networking game plan… beyond what you will wear or having the perfect hostess gift.
As you attend events, keep these tips in mind to make the most of YOUR Career:
Where to sit:
- Consider someone you’d like to work more closely with and collaborate with in the coming year
- Consider someone that has been successful and ask questions to learn about their path to success
- Consider a family or friend that can put you in touch with new prospects
What to talk about:
- Be an Ambassador for your company & give glowing reviews
- Don’t be shy about explaining What you do and What you would like to do
- If you are on the job hunt, network with those working at companies you’d like to work for… many companies offer referral incentives. They might want to refer YOU!
- Engage in conversations about office, client, and community interests. Be prepared with key statistics
- Mention you’d love to get a meeting on the calendar & exchange contact information
When you start the New Year:
- Follow up quickly with new prospects
- Contact those that offered to help you in YOUR Career Search
- Foster new relationships and build stronger relationships
- Make plans for coffee, to go to lunch, or play golf
The Town Gurus Realty Team wishes you
A Happy, Healthy, Prosperous New Year!